QWERTY layout was invented by Christopher Latham Sholes in the year 1878. It was invented at the time of typewriters. Before QWERTY simple alphabet layout ( i.e ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ) is used in typewriters. When people type fast the mechanical arms got tangled up. So the keys are randomly positioned to prevent key jamming and qwerty came into the known.
After the QWERTY layout, the DVORAK layout is invented. Which boosts the typing speed by 74 percent faster. But it is very difficult to shift from QWERTY to DVORAK.
Because today QWERTY is used as a universal keyboard. Almost everyone is using the qwerty layout. And PC games and software are developed by looking an eye onto this keyboard that’s why A, W, S, D are known as gaming keys of the keypad. It is also used in smartphones also.
FUN FACTS ABOUT KEYBOARDS:
- Pinfasta is the fastest typist in the world hits 420.69 words per minute which is a world record.
- There are about 6 non-QWERTY layouts named AZERTY, QWERTZ, Dvorak, Colemak, Maltron, and JCUKEN.
- Mechanical keyboards are expensive and better than Membrane keyboards.
- The shift key is present on the keyboard since the time of typewriters.
- We can use any type of keyboard layout from a single particular layout keyboard from computer settings.
- Most of the Keyboards Have 101 or 104 Keys.
- A, W, S, D are known as gaming keys in universal layout.
- In backlight keyboards all backlights are led, you can change those LED’s color.
- There is a little bit of difference between a laptop, apple, and desktop pc keyboards.
- Some famous keyboard manufacturers are HP, Lenovo, Microsoft, Logitech, Dell, Intex, Zebronics, Iball.
- According to a survey, Logitech is the best keyboard manufacturer company.
- Every year an average of 5 million portable keyboards are sold all over the world.
Thanks for reading our post by csquery.