Instagram is a huge social media platform. Developed by Kelvin Systrom and Mike Krieger on 6 October 2010. Instagram is mostly abbreviated as IG or Insta. Now it is owned by Facebook. At present time Instagram has one of the biggest social network all over the world.
200 million users visit at least one business account every-day. That is almost every technical and non-technical company is connected with Instagram due to their business promoting algorithms. Because Instagram provides a lot of conversions. The features of Instagram are extended day by day.
Instagram has about only 450+ employers in their head-quarters. Servicing 1 Billion plus users. Security patches are updated along with every update. It is available for almost every platform windows, ios, android, Linux, web application, etc. 25-34 is the age group who use Instagram almost. Instagram officially launched its first application as an ios version in the year 2010.
The first photo posted on Instagram by the co-founder, Kelvin Systrom on July 16, 2010 photo of a dog. Initially, before launching, Instagram was named Codename.
Instagram has officially launched its four logos. About 8 percent of Instagram accounts are fake. And rest 92 percent are real. Instagram paid 72 dollars per hour to their employers.
As per the social statistical review on January 2020 there are 1 Billion+ active users on Instagram. The second most users social site behind Facebook. Which has 2.6 Billion active users. According to a survey, Instagram is the most loved social platform by the peoples. The user growth rate of Instagram is the highest among all social platforms. Here is a brief statistic of Insta users and their behavior.
Total Instagram Active Users (Monthly)
1 Billion +
Total Instagram Active User (Daily)
500 Million +
Total Female Instagram Users
Total Male Instagram Users
Daily Instagram stories
500 Million Daily
Total number of Business Accounts on Instagram
Fun Facts for Instagram
- The US has the most Instagram users 116 Million.
- Every second 995 photos are uploaded on Instagram.
- Girls are more active on IG as compared to boys.
- More than half of the Instagram Captions and Comments contain Emojis.
- Heart Eyes is the most used face-filter ever on Instagram.
- The most-used Giphy sticker in Stories is I Love You Sticker by Bianca Bosso.
- 50 Billion+ photos have been uploaded to Instagram.
- The most liked photo on Instagram is a photo of an egg with 54.2 million+ likes.
- Instagram users will spend an average of 28 minutes per day on the platform in the year 2020.
- Tekashi 6ix9ine the music rapper , broke the record for the most viewers of an Instagram live. He went live on Insta to talk about his prison sentence. And tells how he got his jail time reduced. The live stream gained a huge 2 million views.
- 290 million-plus selfies are uploaded on Instagram.
- Footballer Cristiano Ronaldo has the maximum followers on Instagram which is 239 million+ at present time.
- The most used Hashtags on insta are #love #follow #me #cute #instagood.
- The most insta-grammed location is Disneyland in Anaheim.
Most Comments on Instagram post goes to an Indian TikTok star Mr faisu (faisalsheikh) with 1.1 million plus comments.
Smsaruae has the highest post count on Instagram. Smsaruae has uploaded more than 316k posts.
Every year, instagram launches new and awesome features like boomerang, reels, filters, themes and many more. It was just started from photo sharing. And went to reels. How awesome and tricky is it?
The programmers do a lot of effort. Instagram is entirely powered by the python language. It took 85000 plus lines of code to ready. The algorithms of IG are going to advance day by day. Now, it’s almost impossible to hack the Instagram server.
From 2010 to 2020 Instagram gained a lot of success. It was just started from a miniature level. And now, a multi-national company. The annual revenue of Instagram is over 2 Billion dollars. It prooves hard work and luck means a lot.